Tags can also be used to restrict users to determine what they will be able to see/access in the SpreadsheetWeb Hub platform. It is also possible to set these restrictions in such a way that users can see only their own data.
How to restrict a user to see own data only?
Restricting users to see their own saved records only is a common scenario to establishprivacy between low-level users.
Each user in SpreadsheetWeb Hub owns a user tag with their username. Unless you do not need additional rules, groups, or roles in your workspace, you can continue without creating additional tags.
Note: You can create custom tags in Tags page.
You can see the tags that assigned to a user in Users > List page. A user tag always has a person icon and white background.
The Identity Templates are the actual set of rules you can define. To add, click on Identity Templates link under Users menu to open the page and click Add New User Template button.
- Give your template a name.
- If you have custom tags, you may consider adding Is Associated With right in Workspace rights (See Quoting App). Otherwise, you can leave this section empty.
- You need to give an application right to each user to access application database as well. For low-level users, Readonly Access to All Applications is a suitable Application right to make it usable but not editable.
- Because each user is associated by own user tag by default, add Edit Access to Application Data Associated Tag right for Data Rights to make users using this template to edit their records.
Note: You can give more rights to user to increase user’s impact on the saved data.
- Should these tags be evaluated conjunctively? option doesn’t have an effect if only associated tag is the user tag itself.
- Click Create Template when you are done with the rules.
Once the identity template is ready, open User List again to assign your template to your current users.
For new users, you can select the template in Invite page to assign them automatically.
Assign User Tags While Creating Records
In SpreadsheetWeb Hub, users have ability to assign user tags while creating a record. This allows a record to be created with a user tag automatically assigned in run-time. This modification can be done in your application’s Designer User Interface.
You need to add a Save event to your action button and select Assign current user’s tag? After selecting this and publishing your application, when someone is creating a record thar user’s own tag will be assigned to the record directly.
Assign current user’s tag?: Assign the user’s own tag to the record directly. If your workflow does not contain more than two levels, this option itself is enough. For example, quoting members for data entry and yourself to review them.
Assign all tags associated with the current user?: Assign all associated tags to the record. This option will be handy when you already associated a custom record with a user template. Otherwise, the option acts same as the first option, because all user tags are considered as an associated tag.
Assign specific tags?: Assign selected tags to the data record. There isn’t much of use this option for this article’s scenario. However, you can use this option to differ buttons (Save Events), such as differentiating save only button with save and mark reviewed button.
Assign tags by named range?: Assign tag names in a specific range in Excel file to the data record. This is dynamic version of the previous option. You can use Excel formulas to define which tag or tags to be assigned. The SpreadsheetWebRecordInfo and SpreadsheetWebUserInfo functions can be used to retrieve tags that assigned to the record or user.