In this tutorial, you will learn how to import data into the database of an existing data collection application in SpreadsheetWeb Hub.
Import file can be a comma-separated text file (CSV) or a regular Excel 2007+ file (XLSX or XLSM). If your application has secondary data tables, prefer Excel file to populate multiple tables at once. You can update primary table only with a CSV file.
Import files should include proper data in a tabular form. The first row should have the titles of the fields to be able to bind fields between file and database.
To import data,
- Go to Data page.
- Choose an application from the dropdown menu.
- Click on import button and upload your file.
from the Data Import Preview page, you can manage the importing process;
- Determine if the importing will update or replace the existing records or append on them.
- See the conflicts between the application database and the import data.
- Display data structures of the application database and the import data.
- Make custom bindings between the application database and the import data.