Freshworks CRM Applications
Most businesses use Excel spreadsheets to build applications and automate various business calculations. Sales quoting, ROI calculators, product configurators, rules engines are only few examples of such applications. With our Freshworks CRM integration, you can utilize the user interface and additional features of an existing Designer application created on SpreadsheetWeb. For this integration, you need a Freshworks CRM account and a SpreadsheetWeb account.
Please note that you need to add a Push Data from Frame and Save event into the Action Button for SpreadsheetWeb to save data into Freshworks properties. The Push Data from Frame feature is currently only available in Server and Private Cloud licenses of SpreadsheetWeb. You can still use any other SpreadsheetWeb feature without sending data into Freshworks.
If you are just evaluating, you can signup for a free 14-day SpreadsheetWeb trial account here. Let’s get started.
1. Install SpreadsheetWeb Apps
Log into your Freshworksd CRM account. Go to this link, enter your Freshworks CRM API key, and press SET API KEY button. You will be forwarded to your Freshworks account. You can start using SpreadsheetWeb integration.
2. Embed your SpreadsheetWeb application into Freshworks CRM
Click the name of a contact or lead, and click the SpreadsheetWeb button on the bottom. This will load the applications list.
Press Add New Application button to create your first application. Enter the name for your application. Then, copy and paste the Application Link and Application Identifier fields from the SpreadsheetWeb Control Panel. This is how the application will match Freshworks CRM fields to the Excel file running on SpreadsheetWeb.
You can find the Application Link and Application Identifier by pressing the blue Edit Application button on the Control Panel if you have a paid SpreadsheetWeb account.
If you have a trial account, you can find the Application Identifier from the screenshot below. Make sure your application is published and copy its published link as Application Link.
The next step is to add inputs and outputs and map them to the web application. Press Add New Input and enter a name as Freshworks fields. This is the name that will appear in your application. Enter the input name from your SpreadsheetWeb application as SpreadsheetWeb Name. If you want to store any input or output data in Freshworks or want to pull any input data directly from the contact details, add new fields into Freshworks fields. The system will automatically load any existing data under matching columns in the application.
Once you are done entering inputs, press Add New Output button. Enter a Freshworks Name. As SpreadsheetWeb name, make sure to enter that formula cell’s name i.e. cost, or its cell reference Input!B7. Finally, press Save to finish the application configuration.
If your Freshworks contact and SpreadsheetWeb application have the same field labels, you can use the Auto-Populate button to automatically map all matching inputs and outputs.
Congratulations! You have just created your first application. Now, all you need to do is to select a contact, open the SpreadsheetWeb view, and press the Run button next to the application name. The system will load the application interface with any preset data. You can change the values, trigger the calculations to get results and use any other feature within the application, such as export to PDF or email notifications.
3. How to test your Freshworks CRM – SpreadsheetWeb integration
If you don’t have a SpreadsheetWeb account, you can still test it from your Freshworks CRM account. Make sure to install our integration as described above and follow the steps below:
1. Click the name of a contact and create the following two numeric custom properties in Freshworks CRM
– Total Premium
2. Create a new contact and enter any number between 18-100 for the Age input.
3. Click the SpreadsheetWeb button on the bottom. This will load the applications list.
4. Press Add New application.
5. Enter below for application settings. This is a life insurance quoting demo application built on SpreadsheetWeb from an Excel spreadsheet.
Application Name: enter a friendly name
Application Link: https://www2.spreadsheetweb.com/Designer/a/Term-Life-App
Application Identifier: e94e4a83-704e-47f3-a96d-21f9fb9c41cf
6. Press Auto Populate to automatically add inputs and outputs.It will add and connect Age under Inputs and Total Premium under Outputs sections.
7. Hit Save to save the application.
8. Go to SpreadsheetWeb Apps and Run the application.
9. Once the application loads, you confirm that Age input is populated by the custom Age input from Freshworks
10. You can change inputs and have the Total Premium recalculated.
11. When done, press Submit button to capture the results received from SpreadsheetWeb.
12. Close the application window and confirm that custom property Total Premium for this contact is updated by the Total Premium calculated by the SpreadsheetWeb application.